Import of high quality STILL image into Premiere Pro CS4

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Import of high quality STILL image into Premiere Pro CS4

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

In Premier Pro 7 I have imported still images and then zoomed in / out, and have moved the images across the screen in all directions to give the illusion of a moving picture. The drawback is that the image size / resoloution is limited to a maximum of 720x 576 pixels within Version 7….Does anyone know if this is different for Premier Pro?

I want to important high quality images taken on a Leica M8 camera and converted in Adobe Lightroom 2.5, followed by Adobe Photoshop CS4 both of which I own.

The alternative way is supposed to be to buy Photodex Pro Show Producer which is tailored to high quality still images yet will accept video clips and sound track also. Although I suspect the video clip needs to be edited befor importing (Not sure about this).

The end result is supposed to be a high quality slide show with slides (high quality stills) and video interleaved with a soundtrack from the original video and music mixed in.

I’d appreciate any insight on the above ….Many thanks.

Participant

In PPro CS3 the max image size is 4096×4096. I can’t see CS4 be any smaller. Are you talking about Premiere Elements perhaps? The 720x 576 size doesn’t sound right though, you’d think that even the Elements ver. would allow wide screen images.Did you check the help screens?

Participant

Sounds like a SD NTSC Widescreen project maybe?

TV is only so big, why show you more than what will be on the screen?
      If you want bigger then use a HDV preset like 1080i and you can get 1440 x 1080 or even 1920 x 1080.
      There are limits and they are the same in all editing applications.

Participant

I am referring to Premier Pro Version 7 (not elements and not CS3 or CS4) as having 720 x 576 pixels …this is what the book says is the max STILL photo you can import. The LCD screen size is different and I can fill the screen but because I have a smaller pixel image the resolution is not as good as I would like.

Are you sure that CS3 or CS4 can IMPORT a STILL (not video) image of 4096 x 4096 pixels? I have not yet bought CS4 and want to know prior to purchase without doing a trial download ideally. The trial software apparently is not HD but is SD..so it maybe no good for what i want to achieve.

Thanks if you can help. .much appreciated.

Participant

Ah, From 2003! I believe it now.

CS3 version: Support for any frame size up to 4,096×4,096 pixels, and for every major image and sequence file format (including AI, PSD, TGA, TIFF, and BMP),

CS4 would be the same or better.

Participant

OK I shall give it a try …many thanks to all of you.

FYI I phoned Adobe and was passed around many times until I eventually reached technical support who did not have any idea about the spec for their own product. I say no more.

Thanks to you all.

Participant

A lot has changed in the software since your version, you will be very surprised πŸ™‚

Participant

I’m sorry you got the run around by Adobe. Previous to PP the old Premiere was limited to the size of the project frame. If you are zooming around the picture, do a little planning for the best picture quality. If you take a very large DSLR picture and size it for video, it will require sharpening. Let’s say you wanted to pan across a picture you might want it to be 200% of the project frame size. If it is a SD project 720 x 540 then you’d size you picture to 1440 x 1080. PS standard setting for unsharp mask will be fine. If you are doing a HD 1080p project then you might not want to size your stills at all. I hope this helps. I don’t pan arround on my stills very often anymore. You might want totry this in After Effects. I hope this helps. Gerry in Calgary.

Participant

While Premiere Pro will work with large still images many people that I have talked to who do it or have tried to do it seem to run into performance issues when working with larger images. So basically it can work with them but you many run into some frustration when trying to animate Pan & Zoom effects on them.

I would normally recommend using After Effects if you have it as you will normally have an easier time working with larger image formats there witha wider range of animation techniques available to you.

And for clarification there is no such thing as Premiere Pro 7. The work Pro wasn’t added to the title of the software until it was relaunched with a new Version 1. The original Premiere was a very different program, in some ways better and in some not from the current Premiere Pro iterations.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap