Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › iMovie ’09 is cropping 4:3 video???
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM #48579AnonymousInactive
I have some old footage that was recorded on a camcorder in 4:3. and recorded to a DVD with a DVD recorder.
I’ve used MPEG Streamclip to create a .dv file from that DVD. I’ve imported the .dv file to iMovie ’09.
The video is stretched in iMovie to 16:9. If I change the Project Properties to Standard (4:3) it changes the clip in the Event Browser having black bars on the top and botttom and the video in Project Browser to being square but with the left and right side cropped.
It should be added that the original DVD plays in the correct aspect ratio as does the .dv file if viewed in Quicktime.
Can anybody help me with this problem?
- February 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM #199408D0nParticipant
have you tried using quicktime to export the file in the right aspect ratio?
- February 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM #199409AnonymousInactive
I was considering getting Quicktime Pro.
Would doing what you suggest create a file that iMovie can edit?
- April 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM #199410AnonymousInactive
I use the program VidCrop PRO, to me has very mush helped.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.