image quality on pc

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

i am totaly new to dv making. all i want to do is take videos of the kids on hols sports events etc. so i bought a jvc grd 340 mini dv recorder, installed a firewire port into my pc. and after about a thousand attempts, got the video from the camera to the pc, using ulead video studio 8.
      the problem i have is this the image on my pc is rubbish. if the subject on screen is motionless the image is fine. but any rapid motion and the moving subject becomes blocky and lined out. the image when viewed on the camcorder playback screen is fine. im on xp with an athlon 1700+ processor 512ddr ram and 200 gb hard drive. help me pleeeeese.

Participant

just browsing and found ur post although a little old

i assume you are using a iLINK or ieee 1394 cable to your firewire input.

i think you are getting bad quality due to your importing settings. you are probably importing as mpeg1 by using the Ulead interface. look at the settings on import and see if it will allow you to import as an AVI files. this file will be the purist file for editing.

if Ulead doesn’t let you import to AVI, then search the internet for WinDv, this little freeware program is great. before i purchased Adobe Pro 2.0, i used this and the guy that programmed it should be given an award. it is simple, fast and imports to AVI.

after importing, then simply use your editor with the saved AVI files for your final product.

Good Luck

oh btw,

your system is a little under powered for a video editing system, try at least a gig of ram, and check and make sure your video card is on full settings.

Tin Man

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap