Imac G5 or Mac Mini core 2 for editing?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Imac G5 or Mac Mini core 2 for editing?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Please let me know which one is better for FCP , thanks.

Rob
      Participant

What are you going to be editing? HD or SD? What version of FCP do you have? I’ve heard the new version is meant more for the intel macs and isn’t as fast on G4s and G5s. A Mac Mini will probably be fine if you are doing SD, maybe even HD if you are only editing and not doing any kind of compositing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will be editing for weddings and so forth. Thanks Rob

D0n
      Participant

the mini.

I do use a g5 and it is slow, and won’t import hd off a hdbased cmcorder.

I use macbooks and either imovie or FCE to import and select clips for a rough edit, on external firewire drives, then plug the drives into my g5 (for the larger display, which is calibrated) set up and do the final assembly of my video, click render and leave it running over night. in the am I send the project to idvd.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN