I’m New Here

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Well I’m new here and I just wanted to introduce my self. My name is Justin and I’m younger than most filmmakers. I’m actually very mature for my age so I won’t just go crazy with effects and things. I am pretty much the only one in my city that is in to video making. Well not much more about me. Just introducing myself.

Justin

Inactive

well Hello Justin
      you welcome..

I’m new here too, can i introduce my self too?!

ok, My name is aysha I am a Palestinian girl. I live in the Lebanon .. but i have many objectives in my life like to become a filmmaker some time.. this my dreams .. i still work out with people and studios to have alot experiance in effects n’ lighting.. i know alot about sound designbecausei do workshop for one month sound and other workshop for video editing this stuff.. i acted in 2 documental films about refugees palestinina..etc

humm did i toked to much?! SORRY

My respecting

Aysha

Inactive

Welcome both of you!
      Justin:it’s great to know that someone young is working with video. If you don’t mind telling, how old are you? I am eighteen, and just finishing my B.A. in Communications. In my past few years of making films, I have not met very many young and mature videographers.

Aysha: it’s exciting to have someone from another country besides the U.S. on the forums. I am sure that you’ll have some insights that the rest of us don’t, living in a country like Lebanon.

I will look forward to talking with you both more in the future!

Jeremy

Inactive

Welcome to both of you – thanks for introducing yourselves.

Inactive

hi, I’m a new on this forum here. I don’t know much about this “school” of photo since I learned cinema in college. All we did was boring analysis of films and photographs, history (themes from renissance to the Romantics and performances in New York ’60s), and other stuff. since i wasn’t getting good grades, i went making some flicks on the weekends with a Hi8 and started learning the other aspects involved. Eventually, our college project was a 31-minute flick with 130$ budget (mostly pizza, but we had a deal with a bakery for buns and bread) and was displayed at the NFB. Since we got applauded, i decided to keep on working in filmmaking. My father encouraged me to study more serious stuff, like architecture, but all the same time he suscribed me to your magazine! lol i hope to spend some good times on this forum.

Inactive

Welcome both of you!
      Justin: it’s great to know that someone young is working with video. If you don’t mind telling, how old are you? I am eighteen, and just finishing my B.A. in Communications. In my past few years of making films, I have not met very many young and mature videographers. Aysha: it’s exciting to have someone from another country besides the U.S. on the forums. I am sure that you’ll have some insights that the rest of us don’t, living in a country like Lebanon. I will look forward to talking with you both more in the future! Jeremy

I’m 12. I started making videos at age 9 or 10 (can’t remember). I actually just started setting up a studio last month in a spare room in my house. If you want, I can send you a picture of it.

Participant

My name is Rob, and i like hoagies and track jackets.

Participant

Justin:it’s great to know that someone young is working with video. If you don’t mind telling, how old are you? I am eighteen, and just finishing my B.A. in Communications. In my past few years of making films, I have not met very many young and mature videographers.

Hey! I’m pretty new too. I’m 18 as well and got only a program certificate in Video/TV production from my local community college as I discovered that I could teach myself everything I was learning. I’m still a long ways behind and wish I had gotten into movies sooner(I’ve been in for a year) Glad to see I’m not the only one new to these forums. Hey and Welcome!

Inactive

Wow! this blows me away. The world is a much smaller place thanks to Videomaker. Welcome. We are all sisters and brothers in videomaking and support each other in our art. Never give up, follow your dreams, and tell your stories in video / film. I am humbled in all of your presence. This site will serve you well in your endeavors.

Trey.

Inactive

There’s something so remarkable about forums like this, isn’t there? The way so many people from so many different backgrounds can come together and learn from one another is great.

Inactive

Hello to all. I’m a semi-retired, baby boomer grandmother who has decided to learn videography. I’ll be studying these forums, reading DV Filmmaking from Start to Finish by Ian David Aronson, and just practicing with my new Sony HDR-SR12 while I read through the handbook. A friend and I have a business idea for which videography is important…..so I’m diving in to learn as much as possible this summer. I teach English and Public Speaking part-time at a local community college, tutor international clients online in conversational English,and have worked in higher ed administration, as well as a teacher. Honestly, I’m probably the most ignorant of all the newbies associated with this site, but I’m determined to have fun learning.

Jenny

Inactive

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap