If you where going to start over where would you start with?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Specialty Topics Worship Video If you where going to start over where would you start with?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would like to start Production of in house videos for worship

If you where going to start over where would you start with?

easy to use, easy to train on, outstanding quality

where should I start?

Cameras?

equipment?

Inactive

Hmmmm… Good question, but there are two things that I would need to know before giving a good answer.

The first would be "What is your budget?" A lot of churches are seriosuly underbudgeted for A/V. One church who is asking me to consider helping them had thir budget cut down to $3000 for this last year. If that’s not scary, I don’t know what is. You can barely buy a year’s worth of lights for yur video projectors in a year with that, and they’re deluded into thinking they can run any semblance of a video ministry.

The next question is "What do you want to do?" This is an important question, because what you buy is directly based off what you want to do. If I just rattled off a list of the best available gear, you could spend tens of thousands of dollars, bring it all to your church, and find out that it’s all useless to you in your setting. Knowing your needs will establish what to go get.

Here’s a great example. If I assumed that you’ll be broadcasting your video to TV’s in the church hallway, or streaming sermons to the web, I’d suggest that you go and get NewTek’s Tricaster, which is perfect for that. But what if you don’t need to do that, or you have more than three cameras, the limit for inputs on the tricaster? Then you’ll have spent five grand on a box that gives you what you could’ve done better for half the price.

Give us some ideas of what your vision is, and we’ll give you ours πŸ™‚

Participant

Are you looking at recording/broadcasting the worship services or are you looking at creating videos to be shown during the service?

Participant

I think you should think first with your budget with the production you want to work and then second is the equipment you will use. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap