I WANT to spend some money…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This may seem like a weird thing. I want to buy a ‘turnkey’ NLE editing computer…sort of basic. In the $4k-5k range, not including speakers and monitors. I can NOT find any place to buy such a thing. Video magazines seem noticeably lacking in advertising from computer sellers. Online computer companies (HP, Dell) don’t offer desktop systems like this.

Can anyone direct me to source(s) where I might buy such a machine:

Desktop, full tower. i7 or Xeon quad core. nVidia graphics board. Multiple hard drives + external RAID array. More than 16 gig RAM. Wi fi card; Firewire card. Vegas 11 software / keyboard, or Premiere Pro.

Just try to find such a system listed anywhere. At least I’ve not been able to.

Thanks for any suggestions. I need to start somewhere.

Terry in Iowa

B&H Photo Video (www.bhphotovideo.com) and Safe Harbor (www.sharbor.com) come to mind.

Participant

If you go to the link below, you can configure your own HP workstation. The Z420 series is kinda their “middle” series that is “affordable” yet you can configure it the way you want it.

Although you’re looking for a “turn-key” system, I highly recommend NOT buying memory or hard drives from HP… they charge 3 TIMES the amount you should pay for the same product. Configure it the way you want except the memory and harddrive, and upgrade that yourself; it’s super easy.

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/psg_q2wsecoupon/index.asp?jumpid=in_r295_store/busproducts/computing/psg_wsgw_gen_off_2/psgpromo&psn=desktops_workstations/workstation

Participant

Why not build your own? Although it can be a pain in the neck, you’ll have exactly the system you want. You also won’t have the bloatware (other than the component manufacturers) that turnkey systems invariably offer.

Other than that, you might check this out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/462171-REG/B_H_Photo_Avid_Liquid_Pro_7_0.html

Participant

I suggest, you purchase in Amazon or eBay. For sure they’ll provide you with stuffs that you need such as Desktop, full tower. i7 or Xeon quad core. nVidia graphics board. Multiple hard drives + external RAID array. More than 16 gig RAM. Wi fi card; Firewire card. Vegas 11 software / keyboard, or Premiere Pro.

Participant

seem as far as turnkey systems safe harbor seems to has better values and more customization options than b&h…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap