I want to go Live

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m having trouble getting Livestream to work with my video cameras on my Dell laptop. I’m hoping to do a live Halloween parade if I can find some way to make this work.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

What type of camera are you using? How are you connecting the camcorders to your laptop?

Participant

What type of problem are you experiencing? I’ll run through a list of things to check.

Do you have a video Driver installed that will allow your Dell to recognize the video coming from your camera. If not, try downloading webcamdv which should allow you to see the video from your camera.

What sort of connection to the internet do you have? EVDO Cellular data card? WiFi? Ethernet? A cellular data card probably won’t have enough bandwidth to do a very high quality live stream.

Is the camera you are using SD or HD? I had difficulties getting webcamdv to show an HD stream, but when I changed it to SD it worked fine.

Have you tried other live stream services like ustream.tv or stickam.com just to make sure that it is not something unique on livestream.com that is somehow not letting the stream work.

Participant

Hello:

I am streaming already on BlinkoTV and TikiLIVE. Basicly I use a video camera connected to my capture card, have their broadcaster installed and this is it. Please share with us what exactly are the problems you encounter so we can figure it out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap