I NEED THE DVCPRO HD CODEC FOR PC

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

OK…HERE’S MY ISSUE. i’M SHOOTING A FEATURE WITH THE PANASONIC HVX 200, CAPTURING ON P2 CARDS. THE FOOTAGE IS THEN STORED ON EXTERNAL DRIVES BY WAY OF A MAC BOOK AND FCP (ALL THIS EQUIPMENT BELONGS TO MY DP).

I’M TRYING TO EDIT THE FOOTAGE ON A PC! I CAN IMPORT THE FOOTAGE, I JUST CAN’T SEE OR HEAR IT!

AFTER A FEW DAYS OF INVESTIGATING, IT LOOKS LIKE I NEED THE DVCPRO HD CODEC FOR PC. I CAN’T FIND THIS CODEC FOR PC. ALL ARTICLES I’VE FOUND ON THE SUBJECT ARE AT LEAST A YEAR OLD.

DOES IT EXIST? WHERE CAN I GET IT?

THANK YOU ALLIN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

Inactive

Don,

I’m not sure, but I think dvfilm.com has some products that allow DVCPRO HD to be edited on PCs. Look for a software product called Raylight.

About a year ago, I was investigating how I could use Sony Vegas to edit footage from an HVX200, and read that Raylight could convert the footage into something Vegas could understand. (Then I ended up getting a Sony V1U, so I didn’t need Raylight.)

(Also, check the panasonic site for support software.)

Ken Hull

Inactive

Thanks Ken,

Ithink Raylight may be exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping to find freeware, but hey, I’m spending thousands of dollars on my feature already, what’s another $200.

Thanks.

Don

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap