I need help with sub-titles

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello. I created another thread about this — but any time I reply all my text shows up blank so im trying a new thread…

I need to know how to create subtitles underneath photos/videos in my video for Movie Studio HD Platinum.

The person trying to help me in my first thread  told me to use “Transparent text” and drag it, then add text. Problem is : Once I do it, put in the text, and hit play… the text shows up OVER the photo with a solid purple background, not at all transparent. It blocks out the whole photo!

Participant

john, the easiest and fastest way to get text to appear over your video without completely covering the video screen is to drag ‘default text'(top left box on presets of legacy text) to the text track at the place on the time line where you want it to be. This will allow you to have text with transparent background.The video media generator window will allow you to enter whatever text you want and position, bold, color,shadow, outline etc. You can set the duration of the appearance of the text by adjusting the text box clip on the timeline, also fade in and out, etc as you would any other object on the timeline. I hope this makes it clear, if not ask again and I’ll try to clarify. 

Participant

john, if you already have all the text done and don’t want to redo, just go to the video media generator window for each text box on your timeline, click on properties. To the right, you will see background color, under that name is a box with a slider arrow on the right. Drag the arrow down, this will change the alpha from 100% to 0%, giving a transparent background. Hope this helps. 

Inactive

Might have some sort of version that is different because:

I did your first posts suggestion, — same thing, text blocks out the photo with a black background.

I then did your second post option (media gen–>properties) , there is no “background color” and no box with a slider

Inactive
      Participant

John, if you are on a PC tryhttp://www.divxland.org/subtitler.php Pretty easy to use and get the results you want. I have yet to find a decent one that can be used on a Mac.

Participant

john, sorry that my explanation didn’t help. Here is a video (picture worth 1000 words) that should give the information that you need, maybe TMI.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/video.asp?vid=80fastwm

Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap