I need a Control Room and Studio

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everyone – I am brand new and found this site because I am building a studio from scratch.

I’m an editor, so I am not sure what equipment is really needed. I am working with 2 guys that did broadcast work 20 years ago, and I’m not sure I want to go that traditional.

We will be producing educational content, basically talking heads, computer capture, demonstrations and audio. We already have 2 JVC GY-DV550 cameras. We have a pretty large budget and we would like to go HD within the next 2 or 3 years. Like I said, we are building from scratch, so we need everything!

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
      -Stacy

Participant

Hi,
      If you are a video editor, I assume you would not be asking the question; instead, you would be giving advice. So, I assume you are a print/publication editor?
      A day reading posts in this forum would be well spent.
      In your location, you have a vast pool of film/video students and graduates with jobs like waiters/waitresses, taxi driver, and clown-for-hire. Interview some intern prospects and with a little luck you will find someone who can give you state of the art advice they just picked up at film school in Manhattan. You might even want to hire them at the "intern rate."
      If you are stuck finding someone, send me a pm in 4 weeks and I’ll spend a few minutes networking and see if my sources up there are still any good. (My primary location currently is DC.)
      Sounds like a promising niche you are trying for. Great success to you!
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Inactive

Thanks Tom, I’ll look around.
      Regards,
      Stacy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap