I know I know… Whats a good HD Pro or prosumer cam for Music Videos and realit

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders I know I know… Whats a good HD Pro or prosumer cam for Music Videos and realit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

OK im very new to this field….. I have a small record company and Im looking to invest in a camera good for filming music videos, on the road touring/reality tv. My budget is like 2000-3000 Id like to keep it in the 2000 range.

Im editing all on a Imac and my Macbook laptop. I dont want a small handheld, Def should be HD as in thats standard right? I can deal with SD Cards or Minidv.

Dont know what other info you need to help but ask if you need to know something πŸ™‚

Inactive

Do you want to use tape or memory cards?

I use a Panasonic HMC150 and a Canon HF200 (tiny, hence very portable) and love the image quality from both cameras. They are both card based and record in AVCHD.

For tape-based cameras, the Canon XH-A1s, Sony Z5U are good choices (both have XLR audio, for example).

Another option to consider is a DSLR like the Canon EOS 5D Mark II.

These are just a few suggestions – hoping to hear from others with more experience. All the best!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap