I just can’t decide

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I need a little advice.

I plan on doing virtual Real Estate tours and some interview style stuff. I plan on shooting in SD but I just don’t know what to buy. The final product will be on the web and DVD. I would like to be able to shoot 16:9 (even if I use an adapter). I’m looking at the Panasonic AG-DVX100b or the Sony DSR-PDX10. I’ve even considered the HVR-A1U or the AG-DVC30.

Help. Any suggestions? I want a 3 chip (the A1U is 1 I believe, but has HDV) but 24p may make my stuff look really great (DVX100b). DVCam is also a great feature (PDX10) as is native 16:9 (PDX10).

Calgone…take me away.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I want to keep the budget no more that $3,500.

ParticleBox

Inactive

Thanks for the advice. The interviews I talk about are just single talking heads, much like what you’d see in A&E and Discovery Channel (just not for them).

I would be using a softbox in low light for the tours and standard 3 point lighting with nice backdrops for the interviews.

The PD170 is also a consideration. Don’t know much about the VX2100.

Thanks again.

Inactive

you don’t need to got to the extreme expense of HDV when DV camcorders that are out there right now look really good. I have read nothing but great reviews of the VX2100. Secondly, when shopping for a camera, watch out for rip-off stores. A lot of them lure you in with low prices, but end up soaking you. I highly recommend B&H Photo and Video. they are top notch.

John

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2020

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap