You're using a beta version of our new web site.

I found this weird device under my bed…. what is it?

Home Forums Technique Sound I found this weird device under my bed…. what is it?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone – I’m new here. I am posting in hopes that someone might know what this device is (see pics). Before I stumbled onto this site, I tried looking all over the internet to figure the answer my question, but alas – I’ve yet to find it! So I am hoping that some of you experts might be able to help me.

I found this device underneath by bed (I moved today…) I’m more 101% sure this was NOT there before, not when I moved in, not when even a month ago! (I’m a neat freak, I clean under my bed lol).

Anyway – can anyone IDENTIDY what this is?? From what I can tell, it is a short-range audio listening device – it even had a transmitter attached, and 3 small batteries……

Here are the pics. (Gosh, I hope someone can ID this thing and tell me for sure what it is…. I am completely certain I’ve never seen it or used anything in conunction with it in in life!!! – ps. sorry 3rd pic is blurry… hope it still helps though.)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd271/ataraxy111/1.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd271/ataraxy111/2.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd271/ataraxy111/3.jpg

Anonymous

Ah by the way – in the upper right corner, I put a ring that I wear, so that you can judge the size accordingly.

D0n
    Participant

It’s a bug.

Your spouses lover planted under your bed to find out if she’s cheating on him with you.

seriously, that looks like a peizoelectric speaker.

a small voice/soundbox from a toy. (electronic woopi-cusion, laughing santa clause, beat-Elmo-with-a-stick-and-see-who’s-laughing-now doll etc.).

Anonymous

No, a peizo speaker is smaller than that. I think it may well be some kind of listening device, particularly if there are no manufacturing markings (brand, manufacturer, model number, etc.) on the plastic housing. Know of anyone with a broadband RF signal strength meter or a spectrum analyzer?

D0n
    Participant

you’re right it’s not a peizoelectric speaker, but I do think it is a speaker none the less.

the absense of a larger transister and an antanae says voicebox.

three batteries says 4.5 volts, most transisters run off 9 volts, so there’d have to be a couple diodes and a capacitor or two as well as the transister to up the power and transmit anything.

Any electronic gurus out there? maybe somebody who knows more than me will chime in…

Anonymous

at a glance, it appears to be a voicebox or speaker from some sort of toy as others have indicated.

Anonymous

Thanks for your answers! I started thinking about what could possibly have a speaker in it….

There*IS* this one doll my mom sent to my daughter a while back which my daughter may have taken apart and the speaker fell out?….

Once I am done unpacking, that doll’s casingis the first place I’m going to look!

PHEW! Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

That’s pretty funny. I had the same thought too- about it being a speaker. I’d be curious to get the update as to whether your doll lost hervoice box.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.