I do not want to convert my videos from VOB to AVI to edit

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing I do not want to convert my videos from VOB to AVI to edit

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

So, does anyone know whether or not there is a software out there that I can edit my videos in VOB format? How about in MPEG-2 format?

Inactive

I know two programs that can do that: Magix Movie Editor and Womble MPEG Video Wizard, I don’t recommend either of them because I haven’t tried them myself… but maybe you will and tell us what you think!

Participant

I’ve heard good things about Womble, but I’ve never used it either. If you have the right codec on the PC, you can put the VOB or MPG file on the Vegas timeline, but editing and rendering mpeg can be painfully slow.

Note that VOB files are .mpg files, and mpeg is considered a delivery format and not intended for editing. On top of that, it’s already highly compressed and any editing that causes a new render to take place will seriously degrade the image further.

Steve

Inactive

Have you tried using Canopus Let’s Edit 2 ? I have tried extracting VOB files from DVD and convert it to AVI file for editing purposes. The result seem to be very good.

Participant

Why do you want to use VOB for editing?

Inactive

because transcoding is a nightmare for quality loss issues

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap