Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › I do not want to convert my videos from VOB to AVI to edit
- This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- August 26, 2005 at 1:25 PM #36664AnonymousInactive
So, does anyone know whether or not there is a software out there that I can edit my videos in VOB format? How about in MPEG-2 format?
- August 26, 2005 at 1:47 PM #162974AnonymousInactive
I know two programs that can do that: Magix Movie Editor and Womble MPEG Video Wizard, I don’t recommend either of them because I haven’t tried them myself… but maybe you will and tell us what you think!
- September 6, 2005 at 1:20 PM #162975SteveMannParticipant
I’ve heard good things about Womble, but I’ve never used it either. If you have the right codec on the PC, you can put the VOB or MPG file on the Vegas timeline, but editing and rendering mpeg can be painfully slow.
Note that VOB files are .mpg files, and mpeg is considered a delivery format and not intended for editing. On top of that, it’s already highly compressed and any editing that causes a new render to take place will seriously degrade the image further.
- September 13, 2005 at 12:44 AM #162976AnonymousInactive
Have you tried using Canopus Let’s Edit 2 ? I have tried extracting VOB files from DVD and convert it to AVI file for editing purposes. The result seem to be very good.
- October 7, 2005 at 9:15 AM #162977EndeavorParticipant
Why do you want to use VOB for editing?
- October 11, 2005 at 9:02 AM #162978AnonymousInactive
because transcoding is a nightmare for quality loss issues
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.