I can easily pick up camera noise with my new mic

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound I can easily pick up camera noise with my new mic

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon HG10. And i LOVE it. I also bought an Audio Tech. ATR 55 mic. I have noticed a small noise that sounds like someone paning with a tight, cheap tripod. That grinding noise, happened to be my camera’s hard drive. And boy dose it sound amatureish. I CANT STAND IT. I have tried an “L” bracket but it makes the camera sooooo much less conveinent. I really need a way for me to record anything withoul listening to zooming noise and Hard Drive noise.

Inactive

This reason 978 on my list of 10,000 reasons I swear by tape media. Hard drives are noisy, and they only get noisier as time goes by.

One option is to stop recording using the camera. Get a laptop and record directly onto that live. Another option is to put your external mic as far from the camera as you can get it. You may even consider hiring a boom operator to hold the mic for you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap