Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › i am buying a camera for night shooting (recommendations)
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
- July 20, 2007 at 7:47 AM #43573AnonymousInactive
what would be a good hd camcorder for night shooting. i have an hdr hc3 for day shoots. i shop on ebay mostly. any hd camera under 1000 or around that
- July 23, 2007 at 5:45 AM #182755AnonymousInactive
HD cameras perform very poorly in low lighting….very poorly. I would only recommend shooting HD at night if you have a good lighting system. Sony cameras have always performed the best in low light situations, but the lighting problem with HD is relatively global. There are no good HD cameras under $1000. I doubt there are bad ones in this price range.
- July 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM #182756AnonymousInactive
Get some lights, light your scene as you wish. If you want it to look like night, use a day-for-night filter.
- August 1, 2007 at 7:34 AM #182757KevinShawParticipant
Your least expensive option worth considering would be a used Sony FX1, and those are probably still over $2K. With some work in editing you can get usable images from that camera in dim lighting, but it’s not what we’ve been used to with the best DV cameras.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.