hydroponic fluorescent lighting for video?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I can either go and spend $1500 for 1 Kino Flo light, or I can go buy this nice hydroponic fluorescent light for $120 and build a stand for it. Would this lighting be ok for shooting video if I bought 2 or 3 or does it put out too much light? Is 6500k bulbs to much for video or should I stick with 5000?

The light I am looking at is this right here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sun-Systems-new-wave-24-T5-4-bulb-grow-light_W0QQitemZ290247593357QQihZ019QQcategoryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says each of the 4 lamps pouts out 2,000 lumens. The reflector on this thing is awesome, I had a friend with one. Let me know if this would work.

Thanks

Inactive

You could always consider a light meter. It will help to determine how much light you are generating

Participant

I wouldn’t worry about he lamps, you can always buy warmer or more daylight temp lamps. As long as the fixture isn’t a piece of crap, it probably would be ok. Nice thing about the Kinos is they pack up nice, barn doors fold over lamps for protection, though you can probably cob job together something similar.

Also, keepin mind you don’t have to use all 4 lamps, you can use whatever 1, 2, 3 or 4, so if output is too much, turn a couple off and you’re in “Fat City”

Have fun,

McDuke

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap