HVX200 + FS100, comment reposted from the blog

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

ppitch Says:
      May 19th, 2007 at 9:46 pm e

I shot video on the HVX200 in 720p, 30p and it looks great when played back from the FS-100 drive to the camcorder LCD. But Im having trouble importing the video into Final Cut. It sees the files but they look corrputed in the viewer when put in the timeline. Any ideas?

ppitch

Inactive

ppitch,

I heard that at one time Final Cut Pro did not like using clips directly imported from a FireStore or P2 card. Users first copied the clips to their computer hard drive, and imported from there. In my test, I didn’t experience this at all. I edited right off of the FS-100. Double check your FCP updates and let us know!

-andrew

Participant

Hello. I’m Devon..just arrived. I have the hvx200 and an fs100. I just started using the fs100. Query: When i play back the shot, there is a flickering in between clips. Is this normal? I can’t get a straight answer outta the Focus Enhancement bunch. thanks

Inactive

Devon,
      Sorry, I’ve never used an HVX200 or FS100, but it might help to mention at what rate(s) you were shooting (30p, 24p, 24 "natural" ?).
      Just a thought, 🙂
      Ken Hull

P.S. — You’re playing back in the camcorder, right?

Participant

Hello Ken. I was recording in 720P/24p but was told to try 720P/60P but i still get the same flutter on playback. Like i said the folks at F.E. seem to do a lot of spinning, no real clear answer. Glad the unit was only 1700.00 other wise i’d really be sweating bullets 😕 This could be a normal deal and in post editing can be corrected…i don’t know. It plays back on camera. thanks, devon

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap