HVX-200A – New Low Price

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

A little over 3 years ago I decided I wanted to buy a ” professional ” Panasoniccamcorder. As much as I wanted to have Hi-Def capability, The HVX-200A was a bit over my price target; and realistically, all the other accessories and ancillary gear ( new NLE, new computer, BlueRay burner and player, etc ) could have doubled my cost. I settled on the DVX-100B which is a really nice camcorder – BUT – in the mean time I have become so accustomed to 16:9 hi-def TV programming that the 4:3 image ( albeit nice )from the DVX-100B is something of a turn-off.

I don’t want AVCHD and I’d like to stick with the Panasonic gear. Now that B & H is advertising the HVX-200A at $ 3000, can y’all tell me why I shouldn’t make the leap?

Rick Crampton

Okay, so I bought the thing! Now I’m kicking myself for buying the DVX-100 three years ago, thinking that HiDef would be too much trouble. The HVX-200A is an amazing camera . . . and I love the P-2 workflow.

Rick Crampton

Participant

Bummer. I wish I would have seen your post 2 months ago. I would have advised you to purchase the HPX-170. It’s got the same inner workings as the HVX, but they did away with the miniDV capabilities, which made the camera a bit lighter. I think it also has SDI output, which the HVX-200 didn’t have (maybe the 200A does?). But at least you are happy with your purchase. Both are nice cameras.

Anyway, you should sell your DVX to me πŸ˜€

I looked at the HPX, but for my purposes, the HVX is the right camera. Having read the Greene book which was included, there are pluses in the HVX column which I don’t find in the HPX features ( well and vice versa ) . . . I will probably useit as my main cameraand the DVX will be a second camera where applicable.

Rick Crampton

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap