hvr-hd1000u or dcr-vx2100

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Kind of thinking of getting one of these two. I tape local stock car races and sell copies. Like the shoulder style of the 1000u, but since I have to rely on the track lighting (poor at night)I am leaning towards the vx2100. Can anyone tell me what series(letter designation)batteries these use as I have sony batteries in l, m, and h. Advise, suggestions?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

ACoffee,

I can’t offer any info on the batteries, but I can say that the VX2100 will have better manual controls, and much better low-light performance. (HDV camcorders tend to do poorly in low light.)

Another consideration is the motion artifacts that HDV introduces. I would think that would be a problem with the fast motion of a stock car race, but you wouldn’t have to worry about that with the vx2100.

If you really want a shoulder mount camcorder, you might consider the Panasonic DVC20. It’s not as nice as the vx2100, but it is standard def, so no HDV motion artifacts. Another shoulder mount Panasonic, the DVC60, had more professional features than the DVC20. The DVC60 was discontinued about half a year ago, but you might be able to find one.

Getting back to the VX2100, it’s a great camcorder, and you might be able to find a shoulder mount attachment that would work with it. I’ve seen them advertised before…. just don’t know how well they work.

Good luck!

Ken Hull

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a pag orbitor with vari-zoom control but was just look at reducing some of the setup. Since I have 6-8 batteries and the lanc controller, I am kind of stuck on Sony. So will probably go with the vx2100. Thanks for the input.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN