HV10- Which Tapes?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have been looking at the Canon HV10 and like what it has to offer, but I am boggled by all the different types of mini dv tapes available. I have heard some recommendations as far as sticking with the brand of the camcorder because of the lubrication used in the tapes? Well I really just need to know what brand and model of mini dv’s are best for this camcorder so I can get started

Inactive

Matt,
      Many people say you should use the same brand of tape as your camcorder. I don’t think that’s so important; besides… does Canon even make tape? But sticking to one brand is a very good idea. And choosing a brand that’s been around for a while means they probably know what they’re doing, and will be around for some time.
      I chose TDK brand for 2 reasons:
      1. I know TDK has been involved with magnetic recording for several decades.
      2. I get a really good price on an 8-pack of TDK tapes at Costco, a discount store near me.

Just my 3 cents worth, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Inactive

is there really much difference in the premium tapes mde for hd or is that just marketing?

Participant

Yeah, thats something I’ve been wondering too.
      Is there a significant difference?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap