HV10- Which Tapes?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have been looking at the Canon HV10 and like what it has to offer, but I am boggled by all the different types of mini dv tapes available. I have heard some recommendations as far as sticking with the brand of the camcorder because of the lubrication used in the tapes? Well I really just need to know what brand and model of mini dv’s are best for this camcorder so I can get started

Anonymous
      Inactive

Matt,
      Many people say you should use the same brand of tape as your camcorder. I don’t think that’s so important; besides… does Canon even make tape? But sticking to one brand is a very good idea. And choosing a brand that’s been around for a while means they probably know what they’re doing, and will be around for some time.
      I chose TDK brand for 2 reasons:
      1. I know TDK has been involved with magnetic recording for several decades.
      2. I get a really good price on an 8-pack of TDK tapes at Costco, a discount store near me.

Just my 3 cents worth, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Anonymous
      Inactive

is there really much difference in the premium tapes mde for hd or is that just marketing?

SpencerStewart
      Participant

Yeah, thats something I’ve been wondering too.
      Is there a significant difference?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN