Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › HV10- Which Tapes?
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 21, 2007 at 1:12 PM #44906AnonymousInactive
I have been looking at the Canon HV10 and like what it has to offer, but I am boggled by all the different types of mini dv tapes available. I have heard some recommendations as far as sticking with the brand of the camcorder because of the lubrication used in the tapes? Well I really just need to know what brand and model of mini dv’s are best for this camcorder so I can get started
- June 21, 2007 at 2:32 PM #187467AnonymousInactive
Many people say you should use the same brand of tape as your camcorder. I don’t think that’s so important; besides… does Canon even make tape? But sticking to one brand is a very good idea. And choosing a brand that’s been around for a while means they probably know what they’re doing, and will be around for some time.
I chose TDK brand for 2 reasons:
1. I know TDK has been involved with magnetic recording for several decades.
2. I get a really good price on an 8-pack of TDK tapes at Costco, a discount store near me.
Just my 3 cents worth, 🙂
- June 22, 2007 at 9:16 AM #187468AnonymousInactive
is there really much difference in the premium tapes mde for hd or is that just marketing?
- October 6, 2007 at 11:46 PM #187469SpencerStewartParticipant
Yeah, thats something I’ve been wondering too.
Is there a significant difference?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.