Hunting Video Camera??? GL2 or XHA???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My brother wants to record his deer hunts with the possibility of producing a DVD that he could sell. He is thinking of buying the GL2. I wonder if he should go ahead and buy something like the Canon XHA so that he could potentially sell hi def dvds….would it be worth the upgrade to spend the $$$ on the XHA? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kelley

Participant

Ask Sarah Palin πŸ˜‰

In all seriousness, he should look at one that is somewhat ruggedized – I think Panasonic has some that are weatherproof (waterproof to three feet or so and drop-proof from five).

Participant

Booooooo Hissssss!

Participant

I’m with Birdcat on this. I bought an XHA1 (which I love) after my comsumer grade camcorder froze – literally – on an outdoor job in November. After paying the $ for an XHA1, and seeing all the knobs and rings etc. there is no way I would take it hunting without it’s own force field! I know what you mean about going HD, but you gotta ask your self if anyone will buy a hunting DVD in blu-ray. I suspect some would, most wouldn’t. From a business decison point of view, finding the bluray buyer may outweigh the cost of buying the HDV camcorder, the BD burner, the blank discsand then, well, have you tried editing multiple tracks of HDV on your computer? I was rudely surprised to find my 1 year old computer was underequipped in RAM, Video Card, CPU and BUS speed. Worked great on SD though.

Participant

you don’t need to go HD. Barely anyone has HD in their house yet.

Participant

Bruce, Thank you for your insight. i just called my brother and he is calling the company he had placed an order with to try to cancel it.

Participant

So did you ever decide on a camera and housing setup for your hunting video?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap