How to shoot this

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have an upcoming shoot where the the viewer will see things happening through the eyes of someone else.I also want to shoot this in high def. I have two camers to choose from. A Sony HVR-Z1U or a JVC consumer hard drive camera.What camera do you think I should use and does anyone have any tips on shooting in this style.

Participant

Hi Mike,

I would choose the incredible Sony HVR-Z1U. Shooting as though the camera is a person is commonly referred to as point-of-view (POV) shooting.

There aren’t any big tricks here, just place your camera where your character would be and point your camera where you want your character to look.

Often (but not always) when shooting POV, the camera is handheld instead of being mounted on a tripod. Doing so helps to simulate how an individual would see the world – as opposed to a rock-solid, no ups or downs shot from a tripod.

Good luck!

In Solidarity,

Alain

http://www.crazyredacesproductions.blogspot.com/

Inactive

Thanks Alain,

I was thinking along those lines but when you’re the entire department you don’t have anyone to bounce ideas off of.

The HVR-Z1U is pretty sweet isn’t it?

Mike

Participant

Can I suggest you to watch Being John Malkovich movie?

It may give you an idea.

Shoot-It-Yourself Wedding Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap