How to manage backup video files

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m currently making summer camp videos for a non profit organization and I’m running into a problem when it comes to the backup files for videos I import to the camps computer.

I’m using a Sony Handycam HDR-XR160 and every time I import video to the camp PC each video file comes with a .m2ts.moff file. The problem I’m running into is that when I move only the movie file from the imported folder, it makes another copy of the .m2ts.moff file. It’s beginning to clutter up most of my video archives. I’m wondering how I can stop the video camera from making these files, or at least stop them from duplicating themselves.

Participant

I found this link (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3068040?start=0&tstart=0) that may provide an answer for you.

It would appear that only your camera needs the .m2ts.moff and .modd files; that you can delete these files from your computer once the .m2ts file has been downloaded.

Look online and you’ll find quite a bit of information regarding your “mystery” files.

Jack

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap