Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › how to make boring content interesting?
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
April 6, 2010 at 6:09 PM #37748AnonymousInactive
Original message removed at posters request
April 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM #167252birdcatParticipant
It’s not only the footage that counts.
1) Find a good royalty free piece of music to back it up – A couple of good sources that I use are Digital Juice Stack Traxx (http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_volumes.asp?pvid=8) and Smartsound Sonic Fire Pro (http://www.smartsound.com/sonicfire/index.html). There are others but these are very cost effective and sound great.
2) While on the subject of audio, make sure you have someone with a good speaking voice (both tone and emotion) do your voiceover (think Don La Fontaine, may he RIP).
3) Also while on the subject, sound effects can bring some life to your production as well, often in conjunction with visual elements.
4) Visual elements like animated transitions can work well if used in moderation. I like Digital Juice’s Swipes but they are no longer in production – You can still find some in their Themekits (http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_volumes.asp?pvid=20) and Toolkits (http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_volumes.asp?pvid=21).
5) Good titles help – Make sure they are readable however. Look at nicer decorative fonts or titling programs like Bluff Titler (http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html) or Digital Juice Fonts (http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_volumes.asp?pvid=26).
April 10, 2010 at 5:09 AM #167253mistermom007Participant
You might want to check the websites ofa businesssimilar to yours and see what others have done and then improve on it. You’ve got to tell what the business is…it can’t be that boring.
Good luck, Steve
April 10, 2010 at 1:32 PM #167254Grinner HesterParticipant
While it’s my job to make boring content exciting, I don’t kid myself. Exciting content does that, not layers of turd-polishing. Everything that leaves my suite leaves the very best it could have possibly been. Very little of that is what I’d truely call interesting. It’s not a template but from motion graphics to proper music, it really is what these things are for.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.