How to make a rope disappear ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

There is a scene in my movie that the main character falls from heaven to hell and I want to make him appear that he falling from a precipice. Of course I cannot ask the talent to jump down a mountain but I have a few ideas to create this effect. I think that if I use a rope attach to the talent, lifting him a few feet and then putting a greenscreen all around him. But the thing is, how do I hide the rope? I thought of using After Effect to mask out the rope but this will be tedious and time consuming. Another thing I thought is putting some greenscreen cloth in the rope and then chroma keying all out. If you have any suggestion let me know.

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

I did it. I experiment with a lightbolt with a cable, I mask the cable and it dissapear. Is not hard but the masking is a lot of work.The chroma keying must be perfect so the wire blend with the keying. That for the wire but the talent will be wearing rappelling gear and that like a giant pamper of a lot of ropes, how do I remove that? It cannot be done with masking because what its mask will become part of the background when the chroma keying is done. Is there a trick to remove the rappelling gear?

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

Paint the rope green

swat791
      Participant

Like the paint it green I was thinking make a sheath to slide over the rope with a piece material that matches the green screen.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN