how to link 2 DLP projectors for presentation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Two questions: Can anyone tell me exactly how to connect 2 DLP projectors for dvd presentation (it’s a montage for a wedding)?

Also, I connected the 2 so far and one is projecting in color (it’s connected via s-cable) ; the other one is a RCA yellow only, but projecting in black and white. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. THis is my first time presenting a dvd this way for 250 guests.

MFed.

I generally use a signal amplifier/splitter, feeding the audio/video signals from both player units into the splitter, the out to the projectors (I have a two-in, four-out unit that allows me to run one signal to four outs, or two signals to two outs, whatever). I always run my audio cables separately, out to a powered Samson speaker system with built-in amp. NOTE: When I do use two projectors (rarely) I only have/use ONE audio source as a rule.

I run into the B&W output situation sometimes but with my S-video cable and not my yellow RCA – the pins on the S-video plugs sometimes get knocked askew and the color part of the signal gets disrupted. I haven’t experienced this with the yellow video out for RCA pin plug connections????

Though I have used a dual projector system for showing two separate programs, that is a rare one for me. Usually I am splitting one program, from one output to two projectors for a double screen presentation of the same production. Unless, for whatever reason, the two productions are somehow “married” in content to compliment each other, it would seem distracting to show two different production content to the same audience – unless, of course, you’re in a sports bar and the Lakers are playing the Bulls πŸ™‚

What playback source are you linking your projectors from? I can’t wrap my head around two projectors being used for a wedding montage projection of a single program. If you ARE using a single playback unit, and trying to get double output by connecting the S-Video from the unit to one projector, and the yellow RCA pin plug from the same unit to the other projector, many playback systems only provide a live out from one output source at a time, and that could be (if this is what you are doing) what is interfearing with your RCA out signal.

Participant

Earl, thanks so much for your explaination. Im taking this to my local radio shack and get the splitter. Hope this works, if worse comes

to worse, I may have to go to the single screen. Im not quite the pro yet, but places like videomaker forums realy help things along.

Thanks again!!!

MFed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap