how to Import Quicktime Mpeg-2 to Premiere Pro CS4

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing how to Import Quicktime Mpeg-2 to Premiere Pro CS4

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Need some help

I am using GY HM700 the footage is MPEG-2 (MOV) when I am trying to import files to the Editing software I am getting the error message that the codex is not supported L

What is the best solution sine in Adobe website it is written that MPEG-2 files are supported

Thanks

Participant

What version of Adobe Premiere Elements/Pro version are you using, with possible contrary toa newer versionyou researched online? Theoldest version of Premiere that I know of which supports MPEG-2 is version 6.x. You should also check your help file for the support of editing MPEG-2.

BTW, what do you mean by importing “Quicktime MPEG-2 files”, as the title of the thread states? If the format is MPEG-2, then it is a DVD-based video codec that is commonly used with HDD (hard disk drive) and solid state memory camcorders. If the format is Quicktime, then it is an Apple MPEG-4 format. I doubt their is a video encoding system for merging the two formats together.

If your version of Adobe is supposed to support the format, then I’d consider re-installing the program.

Inactive
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap