How to i create Computer Software for my movies?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear How to i create Computer Software for my movies?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

In the big budget movies I always see a laptop reading “Cloning Complete in…” with a loading bar next to it and all these fancy numbers by it. Of course no such real pc software exists, but they made it for the movie. Does anyone know where you could maybe get free downloads of pc software downloads for movies? Something were maybe all you had to do is enter a few empty boxs and check off wither or not you loading bar or something. Does such thing exist? Or do I need to create my own software from the ground up?

Participant

Youcan alwaysdownloadall typesof free-ware andusetheinstallers asthe “program”but that might look a little obvious (atleast forsome ofthe more normalinstallers).I’m sure therearesome programs to mimic “important”things on acomputer screen.

Another alternative istolearn somethinglike Visual Basic.It’spretty simple and you drag/drop buttonsand stuff when you write your code. Youwillhavetobuy it, but once youlearn it youcan easilymake stuff justthe way you want.

Participant

You want an animated onscreen graphic that can simulate a program copying?

Most onscreen graphics for film and television are created in programs like after effects, combustion, and Motion.

Participant

Yes, Mr. jerronsmith is correct. The “programs” used in movies aren’t programs at all. They are just a series of complex animations, that give the illusion of a program running its command. I think it would just be easier to create an after effectsanimation instead of creating your own computer program. You can also try searching for an animation on istockphoto.com that simulates what you are looking for.try searching for “computer program animation”or “computer loading” or something like that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
homicide-bootstrap