How to give a bald Impression

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m hoping someone could give me an idea. I have a shoot coming upfor a production. the script calls for the talent who was recently diagnosed withe cancer to look into the mirror and notice her hair has fallen out. The problem: our talent would rather not shave off her hair ( we don’t pay that much) How would you shoot the scene? Thank you in advance for your input.

Participant

Perhaps instead of showing a bald spot you could find a wig that has the same color of hair or close as your actor. then cut some hair of the wig place it in the actors own hair, then while they are looking in the mirror they run thier fingers through thier hair. They look into thier hand a big glob of hair came out of thier head. Just a suggestion

Inactive

TandM,

A theater supply shop should have a bald cap which you place over your hair. You’ve got to use makeup, and maybe nose putty, to hide the edge of the cap. (But Daryl’s suggestion sounds easier.)

Good luck,

Ken Hull

Participant

Thanx

i’ll give it a try

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap