how to get started making videos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi Guys, I am new to this thing but what I need to do is have a 2 camera setup to make Product videos. what I have right now is a Cannon OPTURA 600, mics. we have been doing some videos and editing it in Movie Maker.

I just want to move forward right now. I have a MAC PRO and I was thinking of buying FINAL CUT STUDIO.

can I do this??? have 2 HD cameras an connect it directly to the MAC PRO vis video capture card and have the mics go thru an interface and go into the MAC. Is this possible?

can I do this with the cheaper FINAL CUT EXPRESS?

Thanks you for your help and time

Inactive

Hi Mario,

I’ don’t think it would be possible to capture video from 2 cams in final cut. However, I suggest you to record your media and then capture it in final cut. You are taking a huge step from movie maker to final cut Studio. If you don’t need Motion or other apps offerd in Studio, I suggest you to buy the express version. It has the same power, and can edit from 2 camera once they are in the computer.

Good luck with your projects,

Antoine

Inactive

Final Cut Express will not accept HD footage. Since Final Cut Pro doesn’t exist as a stand alone program any longer… you’re pretty much stuck with Final Cut Studio if you’re going HD.

Inactive

Nathan, I think you are wrong. FCE4 Can edit HD film. As you can see on the box, it’s written HD on the top corner. Also, it’s written “powerful video editing for DV, HDV ans AVCHD. The only reason why Mario’s media couldn’t be edited in HD is if it’s on a hard drive camera. (or other than HDV and AVCHD)

Antoine

Inactive

Oh okay, that’s a good point, but my statement still stands true that HD would not be compatible with Express. HDV would, however, be compatible, which I had never realized before. So Mario, just be sure your camera is shooting HDV, not HD if you plan to go with Express.

Inactive

thanks for the advice guys, it helped a lot in my understanding what we need.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap