How to get rid of the blue lines

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Everytime i import video into Imovie or Final cut express via my DV firewire converter box the picture has these blue lines streaking across the screen. What the heck is this. is this something to do with interlacing or something. alot of the videos i see on youtube have it as well. but alot do not, so how do i not get these or how do i get rid of them in editing.
      thanks.

Inactive

Can you link to an example?

Participant

If its a grid-like pattern that occurs during motion in the video, it most likely is due to interlacing.

In FCE, there is a way to correct this. Filters>video>deinterlace

Render, and that should solve your problem.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, yes, please show us an example of what you’re talking about.

Inactive

Spencer Stewart Wrote:

If its a grid-like pattern that occurs during motion in the video, it most likely is due to interlacing.

Interlacing ‘streaks’ shouldn’t show as blue.

Participant

You know whay
      it’s not my videos it’s my monitor.
      i see those blue streaks in the black edges of the screen going all the way accross.
      i guess the monitor is fried.
      it has been looking kind of cloudy and hazy but i do have vision problems so i guess i thought it was me.
      so it’s my bad, but thanks for the help everyone.
      good thing i just got a bestbuy card!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Bags and Cases

The best camera bags and cases — 2020

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap