How to get crisp internet video

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering how to get my videos to look crisp and clear after posting them on the web. I use APP 1.5 to edit and a Sony dcr-trv530 (digital 8) cam. After exporting and uploading to sites such as youtube the video appears very grainy, I have tried to play around with the frame size and aspect ratio but still get the same results. I’ve used youtubes recommended settings (640×480) and still no difference. A few of the videos in the short video contest used the sony dcr-trv730 cam (best senior video, best documentary, best comedy) which is a step above my camera and the video quality is worlds better so I don’t think it is my ancient camera causing the problem. Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

~G

Inactive

it’s not the frame size and aspect you need to worry about so much as the codec and bit rate of compression. take a look at a program called super, it will encode very well and has very adjustable parameters.

John

Inactive

where could I find this program, is it downloadable? any suggestions on fixing the problem with adobe

Inactive

yes, google super, it’s a free app, and no sorry, I don’t have any suggestions to help you out with Adobe, I don’t use it.

Participant

Youtube sucks. Go to exposureroom.com

They allow you to upload a video of any size. And any number of videos. However, I’d hold back from uploading your own “youtube” videos, for example, cats falling asleep, the sneezing panda, that dude who tells people to leave brittney alone. It seems to be a professional environment. So try to upload only serious videos.

As far as settings for your file: I always export my video out of Final Cut Pro to Compressor. Then I select the H.264 codec. Have all the setting at the highest quality. I usually make my video size 320X246

Participant

http://exposureroom.com/members/robgrauert.aspx/?em=View

Inactive

Adobe Prem Pro .. that your using is fine exporter .. you don’t need anything else as well as adobe video encoder all good software .. … I use that all the time exporting to the web .. its the fact that video sizes have to be so compressed to be played on the Internet and quality suffers .. you’ve compressed it once from APP then You Tube have also converted it for play out .. and squished it even more …. and the video quality will suffer with every downgrade … Compression is a pain on video …

The Broadcasters Choice

Inactive

so how is it that some videos look clear on youtube? are those users just uploading uncompressed videos?

Participant

This may sound silly but I actually use Windows Movie Maker to downcovert pieces made on Adobe Premiere Pro.

Here’s I do it:

1) Export the finished Adobe timeline as a movie.

2) Import that movie into Movie Maker. Be sure to uncheck the automatic clips box.

3) Drag the movie you imported into the Movie Maker timeline or storyboard.

4) Under Finish Movie, click save to my computer.

5) Give it a title and destination and click next.

6) Check “Other Settings” and select “High Quality NTSC” from the drop down menu.

This has given me a good balance between size and quality.

See mascenicmedia.blogspot.com for examples.

7)

Inactive

i have the same problem ..

and i was used Windows Movie Maker at the end it’s give me good result.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap