How to edit voice over video.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I want to make documentary videos with voice overs which are optional ( i.e. the iewer can turn it off or on during the video.)

I have Ulead Video Studio and when I record my voice onto the voice over track, it is recorded s an additional part of the audio which can’t be turned off to leave just background music.

Any Help? (Or maybe the software isn’t good enogh for this?)

Thanks

XTR-91
      Participant

During any a final production rendering, all sound tracks are mixed together and coupled with all video tracks that are visible.

If you’re producing to DVD or Blue-ray, then I’d render two seperate videos (if there is enough space on the disc) and provide an option for watching the narrated and non-narrated version. If it’s online, then I’d add one as a second upload. There is no way of rendering a single video with these type of options that I currently know of, other than purchasing expensive software for producing Adobe Flash Video (.swf) files.

BruceMol
      Participant

It’s a limitation of your software.

See Adobe ENCORE as one possible software solution. I’ve used the the ULEAD/COREL product since V10, and still buy the update (PROX2)

I haven’t used that feature in ENCORE CS3 but here is a link to the help screen to illustrate it is possible.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/EncoreDVD/3.0/WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe807401038582db29-7eb3.html

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN