How to create trailing images in FCP 6

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How to create trailing images in FCP 6

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for a tutorial on how to create the trailing image effect shown in the video (at around 7 seconds in) shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_kzAuNZxA&hd=1

Any help would be appreciated.

Participant

It would be most helpful to know your software. But a good clue (I have never done this) is to look at the background images, watch the trees. It appears to be a single shot, clipped the few seconds he wanted to use then placed then on a time line and used a crossfade (?) trans, if he used the crossfade he would have had to cut the time of the crossfade down to the minimum. But that is what it looks like.

Participant

I wish to admin my theory. He may have used several video tracks, Shoot the video, then drop it into the top most track, the next track may start out with a black lead in set to a transparency value of 99. Then the video again, the lead in would allow the delayed effect. He would do this for each successive track but increasing the lead in time of the black sat at 99 transparency.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap