Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › How to create a transparent over layer in top of a video in sony vegas 11
- April 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM #47519ldganteParticipant
Hi, im trying to accomplish this effect in sony vegas 11 but not sure if is even possible. Will greatly appreciate it if someone could help.
Please see the following picture, there is a transparent circle in top of a video playing.
- April 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM #195881JackWolcottParticipant
Easiest way is to create the circle in a paint program and save it with a transparent background — as a .png or .gif file.
Bring it into Vegas and put it on a line of its own, above your video. Then pull down the opacity envelope on that line to adjust the transparency.
- April 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM #195882ldganteParticipant
Thanks Jack, I will try that.
- March 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM #211895nouchaiMember
I am trying to do the same as your instruction above, but when added the .gif into the timeline in sony vegas, my resolution downgrade to match the gif res (loose quality). Is there a setting to set so my current project resolution won't change?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.