How to create a transparent over layer in top of a video in sony vegas 11

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How to create a transparent over layer in top of a video in sony vegas 11

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, im trying to accomplish this effect in sony vegas 11 but not sure if is even possible. Will greatly appreciate it if someone could help.

Please see the following picture, there is a transparent circle in top of a video playing.

Thanks

circle in top of video playing

Participant

Easiest way is to create the circle in a paint program and save it with a transparent background — as a .png or .gif file.

Bring it into Vegas and put it on a line of its own, above your video. Then pull down the opacity envelope on that line to adjust the transparency.

Jack

Participant

Thanks Jack, I will try that.

Hi Jack,

I am trying to do the same as your instruction above, but when added the .gif into the timeline in sony vegas, my resolution downgrade to match the gif res (loose quality). Is there a setting to set so my current project resolution won't change?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap