How to convert AVCHD .MOD files to ProRes

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How to convert AVCHD .MOD files to ProRes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering what the process is to convert .MOD files from a Sony AVCHD Hard Drive camcorder to the Apple ProRes format for easier editing.

When trying to import the .MOD files into the FCP library, I get an error. So how do I convert them to ProRes?

Thanks

Inactive

I believe you can use Mpeg stream clip to convert them. I do not have any .Mod on hand to actually try this out. Mpeg stream clip is a free downloadable software. The software seems to convert just about everything. Give it a try and see if it works.

KAR STUDIOS LLC, Director Of Post Production. http://www.karstudios.com

I think you need to use the Compressor program to achieve the conversion from AVCHD to ProRes. I’m not the resident expert however. I have, however, used a program called Wondershare Video Converter Pro to achieve a multitude of conversions form one file type to another. It’s not overly expensive and does a pretty decent job for me when I use it.

Inactive

Okay, I figured out the answer to my own question. There are two ways to do it.

1. Make sure that you keep the original file structure of your AVCHD camera then follow the instructions at the link below.
      2. If you don’t keep the original file structure, you’ll have to use a 3rd party software to convert the video clips.

http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/importing-1920-x-1080-60i-avchd-in-to-fcp-7

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap