How to burn .mp4 files to dvd without losing quality? Need help!

daxalain5's picture

Used iDVD for this and for some reason when I burn something the video (1080p) tends to lose its quality... Is there anything wrong that I am doing here? Help is greatly appreciated!

Ed Rogers's picture
Plus Member

When you use iDVD, it converts to NTSC standard 720X480. You could burn the 1080p file as data but it won't play in a DVD player.

Your options are to either the aforementioned data disc, accept the iDVD limitations or upgrade to Blu-Ray hardware and software. Good luck!!

daxalain5's picture

Thank you. I will try to do some research on burning video into a blu-ray and look for a software that does it. :)

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

You can use Adobe Encore to create blu-ray, but be aware that you will also need a blu-ray hardware in your computer.

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –

henryjackylucky's picture

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert MP4 to DVD supported video format to burn and play MP4 on DVD Player with this guide from

According to my test, it also helps to convert 3GP, 3G2, ASF, AVI, DAT, DV, VOB, FLV, MKV, DVS(R)-MS, MPG, MPEG, TS, MOV, RM, RMVB, WMV, NSV, M2TS,MTS, MOV to DVD supported video format.

After converting video to DVD video format, you may use iDVD for Mac or Windows Movie Maker to burn the video to DVD

Hope it also helps for you.