How to apply logo with out background to premiere pro cs5

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How to apply logo with out background to premiere pro cs5

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I created my logo into photoshop and i erased the background so there is transparency. Now i imported the logo into premiere pro. For some reason the background of my logo shows in my footage. i would like for the logo to show it self amd not the background of the logo. The background of the logo is white. What must i do?

Participant

I don’t use either Photoshop or Adobe Premiere. But generally speaking, you must save the logo in a format that supports transparency — .png, for example, or .gif — with white (in your case) as the transparent color.

If I do this in Paint Shop Pro I can then import the saved pictute directly into Vegas Pro and the white parts of the image will be transparent. I imagine the same will work using Photoshop.

You may also have to assign the imported photo to an alpha channel in your editing software.

Jack

Participant

All I do is remove the background and save the PSD. Then import the PSD and PP will prompt you to merge the layers. Click yes and in it will go.

Some other software I’ve used, I had to save the PSD masked but not for PP. How are you saving the file? When you import it are you being prompted to merge the layers?

Inactive

Thanks a lot gentlemen for your quick response. I’m going to give both of your advice a try. For one i did not import the photo with a alpha channel in my editing software. Also i did not merge my layers at all. So i will respond back to you later gentlemen once i give this a try. Again thanks a lot for your advice and quick response.

Inactive

Well gentlemen, Jack and Wsanford i must say it worked. I took both of your advice, i Merged all of my layers and exported it in a png format. I really appreciate your quick response and advice. Thank You……….until my next post…lol

Participant

Right on.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap