How I Produce Funeral Videos

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EarlC

A really LONG, almost definitive article: “How I Produce Funeral Videos” at http://www.eccomeecgo.blogspot.com

Coming soon to the blog: “A Wedding Video Production Primer” – though many of you read the information here on the Videomaker Forums. Thanks for the added points, fellow forum post respondants.

Jennifer O’Rourke
      Inactive

I found your “How I Produce Funeral Videos” to be a well-written informative piece, EarlC. I’ve shot a few funerals in my side business, and you’re right, they are a lot like shooting weddings, yet quite different. You have to be a lot more discreet and have some compassion for what the attendees might be going through.

I do Memorial Videos that are shown at the event and one funeral home that I used to work with decided they were going to do it all on their own. I was told: “Anyone can shoot a camera nowadays, so we’re just going to have our computer guy put these together from now on..” and I wanted to reply, “sure…and anyone can dig a hole, but it takes a funeral director to know just where and how deep..” but I didn’t because that would be tacky.

As you wrote, there are many reasons that people want the funeral captured. My most recent client wanted his father’s funeral recorded so he could send the videotape to the family back in Ireland who never saw their son again after he left to find work in America during the Depression.

Your story spelled out the details quite well.

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

Funeral and weddings, aren’t they the same thing for your partying days?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN