How do you upload tape nowadays to your computer?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear How do you upload tape nowadays to your computer?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I recently bought an HP Pavilion dv7-4173us notebook to help edit my videos on. I shoot tape, and lo and behold when it was time to upload my tapes onto my computer for editing, I discovered the computer didn’tcome witha firewire, or 1394 port.

I went to my local big-box retail electronics store, and was told that a $50+ octopus plug would be able to link from my Sony DSR-V10 tape player’s firewire plug into the USB port on my computer. Guess what happened when I got home — it didn’t work.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I enjoy shooting tape and I recently bought a canon GL1 camaera, so I’m not looking to buy a disk-based camera anytime soon.

Participant

Does the computer have a card slot? it used to be that if you did not have a firewire port you could get a fire wire card that slid into the card slot and then you would have firewire.

Inactive

I never got -any- of the cable converter soltutions to work. Got a $35 firewire card from BestBuy and never looked back.

Participant

Thats what I am talking about

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
homicide-bootstrap