How do you properly render, burn CD-R/DVD, compress, upload

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How do you properly render, burn CD-R/DVD, compress, upload

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been at it for 2 weeks now; help!!!

I am a Sony Vegas 5.0 user; I have been trying to render my video footage so I can burn a CD-R or DVD and upload it so I can send it/stream it out over the Internet; I was successful in saving it as an “avi” file, but the file is too large; I need to compress it, save it in the correct format, and so on. The Vegas manuals are too wordy and don’t give step by step instruction; it messes all the probabilities to gather regarding what can be done with different functions. I need step by step instructions for editing, burning, compressing, uploading, etc. Can you point me in the right direction or inform me on doing what I need to do. I’m not doing the steps right from capturing to burning to uploading. Thanks from Texas.

respond to: brw459@yahoo if needed

Participant

For burning DVDs render the project as an MPEG2 file. For putting it on the web theres quite a few different formats but I always do WMV for Windows media Player. Not sure if thats what you were looking for or not but I hope it helps.

Also check out this forum, its all about Sony Vegas
      http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/forums/default.asp

Nick

Participant

This just simply isnt working for me (Vegas that is!). I admit, this software is complex and professional but it isnt user friendly; even the 2 manuals I have are not laid out/organized in a step format; info is scattered and its more text written. Anyway…

I have learned to some editing; now Im having a problem making CDs/burning DVDs. I have some live band footage (working with one song) and I cant burn a CD or burn a DVD.

In Vegas 5.0, I select render as and have rendered as (mpg, avi, wav, wma, Scott wav) just about all formats; after rendering the options are (open; open file; close); if I select open it will play in Media Player; what I do instead is close it, then select burn CD, and select video CD.

I have blank DVDs but Vegas wont let me burn the info to the DVD; each time I try I get a message that says please insert an rewritable DVD; or insert a blank DVD; so I try to burn to a CD and the burn starts; itll get to the end, seemingly finished, then the CD will pop out and Ill get a message that says burn was completed with no errors; at that point I will assume it is finished, but there wont be any info on the CD.

In short, can someone send me the steps to do both: burn a DVD and a CD?

Thank you very much. Signed, dazed and confused…and exhausted.

Inactive

Rendering & Burning VCD/ DVD in Vegas 5 or 6.

1) I presume u have edited ur video.

2) Go to File & select render as ( what format ur intent to render? Mpeg1 for VCD & Mpeg2 for DVD ) , click Templete as Pal or NTSC VCD / Pal or NTSC DVD ) don’t use default templete setting!

3) Once rendering complete it will prompt u to an option ( play/open in folder / close ). If u wanna view it just click play button! If u wanna locate which folder the rendered file is located, click open in folder! If u not going to do anything about it, simply click close to quit.

4) VCD burning.
      Option a ) For burning those Mpeg1 to VCD. Use Nero to burn.
      Option b) You can also burn ur edited video using Vegas timeline. Go to Tools – Burn CD – click Video CD. Done ! Make sure u already inserted ur blank VCD media in ur CD burner. Also make sure ur Render Region loop is Un-tick ( if u not making any Region Loop mark on ur timeline) This will render ur whole file.

5) DVD burning.
      Option a ) Use DVD Architect 3 ( latest version ) to prepare ur DVD Menu. Once ur menu is prepare. Go to Burnt DVD. Done!! ( simplify version! )

Option b) Use DVD Architect 3 to prepare ur DVD file ( Folder for Audio & Video ) Then use Nero to burn ur DVD to disc.

More detail go to : http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/index.php

Search for DVDA section.

Hope this little guide will help.

Participant

okay; thanks for the response, but I need more help.

I put more time into editing;
      I rendered the footage in “avi”;
      went to DVDA and burned a DVD;
      in “my computer” I opened the DVD files;
      i copied the DVD files to my desktop;
      then i changed the “ext” on the DVD files frrom VIDEO_TS.VOB to VIDEO_TS.MPEG (I did this to both of the VOB files);
      even after i changed the “ext”, i was able to play in media player 10;
      then i uploaded to MPegNation, and it is there, again, that I loose quality;
      some areas of the footage become blotches of darkness and the faces become fuzzier/out of focus, as well as the image as a whole; it’s like the quality takes a beating each time I move the footage/file from one location to another.

Meaning, I edit on one computer, and burn my dvd’s there as well;
      then I take that dvd to my Internet computer and copy/paste to the desktop;
      then I upload that footage to a video hoster, i.e. MPegNation;
      Note: I did tweak my video’s bit rate and rendered in MPEG2 for DVDA.

Questions:
      Why do you recommend burning the dvd in Nero? Is it better than DVDA2?
      Will Nero eliminate the 6 dvd files that’s created when a dvd is burned thru DVDA2?
      Do you know of a better/more powerful video hosting site?

Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap