How do we tell Videomaker about forum problems?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum How do we tell Videomaker about forum problems?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve tried to send a few PM’s to several people. Waiting for responses for several days, I was wondering if they went through or not. I created a test account to send a PM to myself and was appauled to find that no notice was shown on the “home” page of the forums and no email was sent! I personally think there should be some way to notify people of a PM easily.

Also, when I logged out of the test account and into my normal account, I kept trying to view my messages and kept getting brought to the test account’s messages. This is just out-right unacceptable IMO and needs to be fixed immediately.

So does anyone know how to contact the videomaker staff directly to report these issues with information like browser version, etc?

Inactive

Did you try posting in the New Video Maker Community section? I would think that could get a bit of notice (or at least make folks aware of what could change in the future)

Participant

You can tell them all day long, good luck getting any feedback though. I never checked the message area, I figured if I got a message it would notify me. One day just surfing I went into my message area and found several messages dating back several months that I had no clue were there.

I rarely check the message area now. If someone wants to send me a message go to my blog. I’ll see it there, and I’ll get it in my email. πŸ˜‰

J. πŸ™

Participant

I didn’t know this existed until a few minutes ago. Like Jay, there were some old messages. Sorry to the people I didn’t know contacted me!

I don’t have a blog. If you can contact me, I’ll post my email address like I have in the past and/or website link.

Inactive

hey! my messages says “no new messages” – I’ve never seen that before. Maybe someone of influence read your post. But, at the end of the day, I still have no new messages and no one loves me. πŸ™

Participant

We love you Falling Star, But not enough to message you I guess! LOL

πŸ˜‰

J

Participant

hey! my messages says “no new messages” – I’ve never seen that before. Maybe someone of influence read your post. But, at the end of the day, I still have no new messages and no one loves me. πŸ™

While it’s not as good as email notification (on the todo list)… the private messaging now does a better job of notification. The link used to simply be “Messages”. Yesterday I changed it to indicate the status (“No messages”, “1 new message”, etc.)

The area below “Welcome Back” (in the upper right) let’s you know if you have any messages. This is pretty small text, so I’ve also added another notification. If you have a new message a notification will show up around the bread crumbs (“Forums VM Coffee House“) at the top of the page. If there are no new message, nothing will show up in this area.

As far getting someone to send you a message… I can’t help there. πŸ™‚

Getting the attention of staffers… If it’s a technical issue with the site, you can send an email to @videomaker.com">webmaster@videomaker.com . If it’s a content issue (video related, flaming, posts being marked as SPAM, etc.), you can send an email to @videomaker.com">editor@videomaker.com.

-Andy

BTW, I posted most of this yesterday. However the SPAM filter marked it as SPAM. πŸ˜‰

Inactive

BTW, I posted most of this yesterday. However the SPAM filter marked it as SPAM. πŸ˜‰

That’s… well, irony at work… πŸ™‚

Participant

Thanks Andy!Goodtoknowthat ourvoicesareheard. πŸ™‚

IfI notice anything else I’ll be sure to report it though the email system.

Thanks!

• Viewing 8 reply threads

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors β€” 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
    homicide-bootstrap