How do I set up Live Feed to a screen at a conference

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a video client (the kind you love, that keeps sending projects and pays the bills) that wants me to attend her conference and was wondering if I could help her with the live feed. She simply wants us to broadcast the speaker on a bigger screen. I know I should probably let AV at the hotel handle it, but we will alredy be there for one of her other projects and she is willing to pay. The cameras I have to work with are the Canon GL2 and a Canon XHAIs. I am guessing I only need one to keep it simple. However, I do tend to over simplify projects, being a bit of an optimist, but I am thinking with a couple of cables and a mixer I could do this? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I use my old trusty Panasonic MX-12 mixer’s S-Video inputs for runs shorter than 100′ and RCA pin plugs for audio feed out of my XL1 (be sure to change the audio atenuation on the camera in order to use the on-camera mic when feeding into an amplified speaker system).

I often, however, ONLY do a single camera as most of my “live feed” gigs call for running the AV to an overflow room and not in the main auditorium.

Basically, my setup, with or without 2-cameras, is live from camera and on-camera mic, via either S-Video cable or Canare RG-59 coax with RCA pin plug adapters at the ends (or BNC connectors). The video goes to my projector, and of course is projected on the 6×8 screen I currently use. The audio goes to an amplified Samson speaker I have for this purpose.

For runs over 100′ I usually insert a AV distribution amplifier to keep the signal strong, but everthing thing else remains pretty much the same.

As you note there are more complicated, even more expensive ways to do this, but my process has worked for me for many years now.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap