How do i Motion Tracking on Sony Vegas Pro 11

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How do i Motion Tracking on Sony Vegas Pro 11

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi guys im editing on Sony Vegas pro 11 and i want to apply motion tracing effect. The problem is each time i apply it the object om trying to motion track keeps sliding or moving out of from.

Pls how can i motion track with out the object moving?

Participant

Make sure your “Sync Cursor” option at the bottom is not checked. This will allow you full control over where to put the keyframes. I know if I leave that option on (sometimes it can be useful) it usually messes up what I am trying to accomplish.

Inactive

Hi thanks i will give it a try tommorow.

Participant

Also make sure you make allowances for the beginning keyframe at frame 1 of the clip – Either make use of it or delete it.

Participant

trophy, at the risk of asking a dumb question, are you using “real” motion tracking software such as Boris or trying to do this with Vegas?

Mike

Inactive

Hi Mike im trying to do it with Vegas..

Participant

Vegas doesn’t come with real motion tracking software so a good description of what you’re trying to do would better help us to help you.

Mike

Participant

Go to you tube, Google Sony Vegas Pro 11 tutorials, I found several video tutorials

on track motion tools in Vegas Pro

Participant

There’s a big difference between Motion Tracking software and Track Motion as used in Vegas which is why I asked trophy what it is he/she wants to accomplish.

Mike

Inactive

Thanks guys for the reply what i want to do is have the camera motion from y to x axis or vise versa..!

Participant

What it sounds like you’re after is something like the so-called Ken Burns effect, where the camera appears to move across a picture.

If this is the case the tool in Vegas you need to use is Pan/Crop. You can set key frames and move the center of the photo across both the x and y axes, either in straight lines or along a path of your choosing. The Help menu in Vegas will tell you how to do this and there are, I believe, several tutorials on You Tube that will show how it’s done too.

Pan/Crop allows you to appear to move the camera across the picture; Track Motion allows you to move the entire picture from one part of the screen to another — for example, a picture in picture that moves from the upper left quadrant of the screen to the lower right.

Jack

Participant

And that would be called track motion !!!!

Inactive

i appreciate all the support guys you guys are the best

As someone getting ready to make some movies, I think I found the right place to ask this question.

I want to film a roller skater with a stationary GoPro camera on a tripod. I would like video editing software that follows the skater with a consistent frame and zooms in and out to keep the object a consistent size through close or far.
      I would also like this software to give me the ability to separate the audio and video in order to sync the two. The reason for this is because my music source is a smartphone with a two-channel Bluetooth transmitter. There is a single channel receiver at the camera that plugs into the camera’s microphone jack. The headphones on the skater are Bluetooth. The music to the skater does not arrive at the same time as the music to the camera.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap