How do i make this effect?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

There is this video that i saw…you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLt9Mb-pm0
      It starts at 00:18 seconds in the video.

At the begining, where they have the "Biohazard" name appear, they have the effect that the name text moves from one spot to another really fast.

How do i make this effect with Sony Vegas 7.0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! πŸ˜€

Inactive

Flame,
      It looks like there’s both a quick nervous jitter, and a few big jumps.

1. For the nervous jitter, click on the Track FX icon for the video track (or ‘layer’, if you prefer) you want to affect. Then choose "Sony Flim Effects". Then, for the type, select "jitter’ from the drop down list. Now move the slider for the amount you want.

2. The big jumps are a little more involved. Click the "Track Motion" icon (next to the "Track FX" icon). The Track Motion window pops up. In this window, move the rectangle around, and you’ll see the video frame moving around. First, move the rectangle so that the frame is where you want it for a starting position.

Now, to create a key frame: Near the bottom of the Track Motion window, there is a slider to select which frame you’re working with. And just below that are several diamond-shaped buttons to manage keyframes. (The "+" adds a keyframe).

After creating a key frame (by clicking the "+" button) for the starting position, move the frame slider to the frame JUST BEFORE you want a jump. Make another keyframe without moving the rectangle. Now move the frame slider to the very next frame. Move the rectangle to where ever you want it to jump, and make another keyframe. And so on. (It will become easy after you play with it a while.)

Have fun! πŸ˜€
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Hmm…i cant seem to find the "jitter"

I clicked on the "Track FX" icon then it brought me to the plug-ins. It gives me a list of effects such as: "Sony Black And White" & "Sony Guassian Blur" but i cant find " Sony Jitter"
      The rest i know how to do…

Inactive

First, choose Sony Film Effects. Within the Film Effects window, the dropdown list for type has Dust, Flicker, Hair, Jitter, Scratches. BTW, Sony has provided a few free updates since releasing Vegas 7. I don’t know if the Film Effects is a recent addition, or has always been there. If you register, they should email you about updates. (or maybe you could find the updates on their website)

Good luck, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Ok Thanks Ken!

I’m downloading their updates now…hopefully it works!

Inactive

By the way…how do i register?

Inactive

The Help dropdown menu has an "Enter Your Serial Number…" selection. I think that’s how (although you might have already registered during installation).
      Anyhow, have you checked the list of plugins to see if "Sony Fim Effects" is available? πŸ™‚

Ken Hull

Inactive

It appears that i already have the most updated version! Version 7.0d.

Yes "Sony Film Effects" is avaible, but it still does not have Dust, Flicker, Hair,Jitter etc.

πŸ™

Is there a way i can download the plug-ins?

Inactive

Uh …. if you have Sony Film Effects, you should have the individual choices available after the Film Effects window pops up. To get the Film Effects window to pop up, select Sony Film Effects, then click the OK button, or the Add button followed by the OK button. (either way will do). In about the middle of the window is a dropdown box with choices like Dust, Flicker, Hair, Jitter, and Scratches. And just below that is the "Amount" slider for indicating how strong you want the effect.

Can you get the Sony Film Effects window to display?

Ken Hull

P.S. — I’m using standard def. I don’t know if hi def has the same plugins. Are you in standard def?

Inactive

Yea i can get the window to open…but the drop-down menu still only has: "Very Old Film", "Low Quality Color Film". "Circa 1908" and "Circa 1980".

I dont know whats wrong.

By the way Thanks for all your help so far Ken

Inactive

Flame,
      Well, you’re getting close…..
      Near the top of the window is a dropdown with "Very Old Film", "Low Quality Color Film". "Circa 1908" and "Circa 1980". If you haven’t chosen anything yet, it should say (untitled). If you have chosen one, select "Reset to none".

Now look lower. You should see a Grain slider, and Tint slider, a Color control, an Enable Particles checkbox, AND BELOW ALL THAT …..
      the Type dropdown list Im talking about. And an Amount slider below that.

Maybe your window isn’t fully expanded?

Ken Hull

Inactive

Ken Wrote:

Flame,
      Well, you’re getting close…..
      Near the top of the window is a dropdown with "Very Old Film", "Low Quality Color Film". "Circa 1908" and "Circa 1980". If you haven’t chosen anything yet, it should say (untitled). If you have chosen one, select "Reset to none".

Now look lower. You should see a Grain slider, and Tint slider, a Color control, an Enable Particles checkbox, AND BELOW ALL THAT …..
      the Type dropdown list Im talking about. And an Amount slider below that.

Maybe your window isn’t fully expanded?

Ken Hull

OHH

My bad, I guess it was right under my nose and i didn’t see it!

Thanks Ken for all your help and time! I oew you one πŸ˜€

Cheers!

Inactive

X-D We all make mistakes! X-D
      Anyhow, have fun experimenting with the effects. If you come up with something interesting, maybe you could post a video clip for us to view. πŸ˜€
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Ken Wrote:

X-D We all make mistakes! X-D
      Anyhow, have fun experimenting with the effects. If you come up with something interesting, maybe you could post a video clip for us to view. πŸ˜€
      Ken Hull

I sure will!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap