How do i get MPEG4 straight to disc without loss of quality.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How do i get MPEG4 straight to disc without loss of quality.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,
      I am a newbie so please be patient πŸ™‚
      I have a Sanyo Xacti VPC-C6EX not the HD the MPEG4 one. I have been pleased with the results as it’s so small and very handy with lots of features and well made.

Not being used to any editing software i have been having a crack at Nero 4 so as to put all my clips together and then burn them to disc.
      Well i put the clips all together and let Nero burn them to DVD took absolute ages and the picture and sound were poor lots of glitches and jumps not good at all.

I have a DVD player that plays all formats so i then tried to do an export with AVI and Video compressor DIVX6 not a clue what audio compressor to use so put no compression burned it and tried.
      Picture quality was good but no sound but i have not got a clue what sound compression format to use with DivX6.

Really though i just need some software whereby i can put all my MPEG4 clips together and burn them as one edited jazzed up file to disc as MPEG4 so as to not lose quality.

At the moment i am pluging the camera in through my video recorder and recording to video tape and the picture and sound is great but i am defeating the object there i want to edit and put onto disc to play through my multiformat DVD.

yours

confused πŸ˜•

Inactive

I know very little about MPEG4 but I do make DVDs all the time. The DVD format is MPEG2. If your camcorder records in the MPEG4 format, it needs to be converted to MPEG2 for it to work in a DVD player. (Unless your player reads the MPEG4 format). Your Nero program is attempting to do that but compressing an already compressed file typically results in poor video quality. I don’t know of any application that will allow you to author a DVD in the MPEG4 format (but 1 may exist). Keep in mind that even if your player reads MPEG4 doesn’t mean everyones will.

It’s best to record in an uncompressed format. DV AVI is what I use. If your using DIVX, I’m guessing that is compressed, (but may be wrong). Probably not much help right now but if your camera can record straight DV, do it that way. Making DVDs is a long process, be patient. I wish I could offer more help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap