how do I get flipping pages effect?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am wanting to do some page flipping (as opening a book) between scenes. Does anyone do this with within Premiere Pro or do I need to go outside and buy a graphic animation? I want to be able to make my own choices (color, texture etc outside and inside of the book) If so……..any suggestions? I have After Effects but I am still intimated with the program and haven’t really worked with it much. If After Effects offers this, I guess I will have to open my book (After Effects) and do some studying!!

Participant

the effect you are looking for is in the PPro (CS3) Effects tab, Video Transitons>Page Peel>Page Turn

Participant

Depending on what you are trying to achive Ulead Cool 3d has a sample with a book and you can place video into a book page. It has title info on the cover that can be changed without having to create the book from scratch. I think you can still download a free trial of that software.

Inactive

thanks Bruce for your information. I am aware of PP3 effects for turning pages but it isn’t the look I am looking for.

Cville……….I’ll try the free download if it is still available…..thanks

Participant

The page turn can be done in Premiere Pro or Elements with the help of the Corner Pin effect and a little work in Photoshop (Pro or Elements). I am working on a new tutorial that should be done in the next month or so.

Here is a nice little tutorials for Premiere Elements, almost identical in Premiere Pro http://www.chuckengels.com/articles/pageturn.html It uses another method to achieve the same thing.

Also available to ask the author questions at Muvipix.com, his username is Chris B.

Here is another topic with some great instructions http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=42954#p42954

Inactive

Thanks Chuck for the site………I printed it off and will have to try it if I can’t find an annimation or whatever to justbe able to drop in my scenes. I have seen this effect so many times I figured there had to be something ready to go. I like to keep things as simple as possible but looks oh so professional.

Participant

There are programs that provide a drag and drop for a page turn, book opening, etc.

I think ProShow Gold or Producer has something like that, so does this http://www.3d-album.com/products_explanation.php?pd_sn=VCS300
      You could probably do the page turn in 3D Album and then export an AVI that you could use in Premiere, just a thought.

I have never used 3D Album, but always thought it had some pretty cool effects that were easy to use. Might try it out one of these days.
      When it comes to After Effects and Premiere there isn’t a real easy way to do anything without a plugin, but the results are usually very good.

Participant

if you mean something like this – it can be done using ULEAD VideoStudio 11.5, now COREL M2, or MX2 (something like that).

http://www.bmidd.com/samples/album.wmv

Participant

Other than playing really fast that looks pretty good Bruce. Do you just drag and drop images to the pages or how does it work?
      Can you have video instead of still images? Might be a good alternative to all the work to accomplish this in Premiere. Could use ULEAD to produce the flipping album and then export an AVI to use in a Premiere project πŸ™‚

Participant

the effect is one of those ‘drag between files’ sort of things.(put stuff on timeline, drag transiton type to area between files)So yes, you can have images or video, and you can have the images stay on longer than whatever the program defaulted too. In the version I have there are two different albums to chose from and 3 different transition types.

Participant

Very nice, thanks Bruce.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap