How do I export an MPEG-2 in another format?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How do I export an MPEG-2 in another format?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,

I’m working with avideo that originated as an MPEG-2 and I have no idea how to export this into another file format. The footage was taken from a Sony HD cam, if that’s any help. Can someone please help me proceed? What format is recommended, and what specific export options need altering?

Thank you!!

Inactive

What software do you have?

Normally you would bring it into pre pro and export to what you want.

Let’s start with what you have first.

Participant

mpegstreamclip, videoredo, virtualdubmod, they all will convert mpeg2 to other formats. Premiere doesn’t like all flavors of mpeg files, neither does Premiere Elements. If Premiere won’t import the file, or won’t play it correctly, there is a good chance that you can convert it for free with mpegstreamclip.

Inactive

Which file format do you want to export? Maybe you can try Allok AVI MPEG Converter 3.2.0807, this soft can convert mpeg2 to many other format. Download it from here

http://www.sharewareguide.net/Audio-Multimedia/Video-Tools/allok-avi-mpeg-converter.html

Inactive

I am currently using PP CS2. I was given a MPEG-2 and had no trouble importing… however, exporting is a different story! I’ve tried exporting as Export > Movie, but the quality was really poor unless the video was very small (how to remedy?). So I tried the intimidating Adobe Media Encoderandsaved asMOV, AVI, MPEG, WMP –no luck. I feel really capable with editing in Premiere, but exporting options stop my dead in my tracks. Are there guidelines that help with determining how best to export specific file types? I also read about converter tools, as cobe123 recommends. When are these needed?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Participant

I think your problem is really the source file, not the exporting.

Convert the source file to DV-AVI first, using mpegstreamclip or virtualdubmod.

Edit the DV-AVI, not the mpeg, and I think you will notice lots of difference, in more than just the exports.

Premiere is primarily a DV-AVI editor and has issues with some mpeg files, working with DV-AVI files will solve many problems.

Inactive

I also think your problem is the source file, not the exporting. As to “When are these needed?”, I am sorrythat Ican’thelp you!

Participant

Are there guidelines that help with determining how best to export specific file types? I also read about converter tools, as cobe123 recommends. When are these needed?

You should convert all files possible to DV-AVI and only work with DV-AVI format whenever possible.

Inactive

Remember too, that Mpeg is a “lossy” format, the more you edit it and render, the more the quality goes down, even if you convert it to DV AVI.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap